Monday, June 11, 2007

Regional "beanies": a fairy tale ending?

Those selected for regional squads will recall the long, and rather sad, saga of the regional kit. Too late, too little, incomplete, and of a "controversial" quality standard were but a few of the problems reported, especially in East Region who - we are told - "complained more than anyone else" (well done East!).

Anyway there is light at the end of the tunnel as the Beanies have now shown up. Okay the ones that Canterbury have now finally provided may be a different design to those they provided the first time round, and are certainly we hear the wrong colour (again) - and a different wong colour this time. But we are told its the best we are going to get.

So if you are still missing your woolly hat let Cathy know - and if you are coming to the Regional "Dinner-Dance" on Friday you will be pick them up there. Yes, Cinders, with you Regional Beanie in you now can go to the Ball!

Cinders: "But I can't go to the ball, oh Fairy Godmanager - for I haven't got a beanie"
Fairy GodManager: "Fear not - bring me the head of an old mop and let me work my magic"

[FX: FLASH! Mop transformed into a Regional Beanie!]

C: "Oh Fairy Godmanager that is was very clever... but actually I think it looked better when it was a mop. And it doesn't match my outfit. And..."
FGM: "Oh put it on and stop complaining!"

[LATER...]

Prince: "And whomsoever's head shall fit this beanie..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John, this adaptation of Cinders did make me laugh! Well done!

... and before I get innundated with requests for beanies I only have six ... I believe that anyone who has still not received one should let their team manager know who will, in turn, pass the name & county onto you. You will then trot off to the regional forum and collect said beanies from the regional WRDM.